Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Networks

These sketches/diagrams depict networks in the built environment. This initiative was based on Monday's discussion*. These are specific diagrams about networks within buildings. I was looking for diagrams of networks in the built environment and this is where I started. Not sure I'm getting to the point. I hope it can lead me to a clearer definition of what a network is in building terms. I think I'll try again.



*Our discussion was based on the review (the hot topic was for me to find what is essential about this project) and we talked about defining what a network is, and, what a network is in building terms. In addition, I want to ask:
-What constitutes a network?
-What drives it?
-What are the elements?
-How can it be challenged?
Combing all of the above will then help answer: how does this affect the site?
And further: how can this fill the 'gap' (the essential)?

No comments:

Post a Comment